In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rock Island Auction ?

vrichardvrichard Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
edited April 2017 in Ask the Experts
Any one use RIA auction to sell hand guns? good, bad or so so.

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think you should strongly consider the auction side here that pays for this wonderful forum.

http://www.GunBroker.com/
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,353 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by charliemeyer007
    I think you should strongly consider the auction side here that pays for this wonderful forum.

http://www.GunBroker.com/
    Well, one would think.
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No criticisms of GunBroker...

Sometimes large auction houses are the best way to place and sell certain specialty firearms...

Once upon a time i placed firearms for auction in the rock island catalogue...

The last were i believe 3 perfidio Diaz owned presentation grade german pistols...

At one time I did assist with appraisals and evaluations and research for the RI catalogued auctions...

The folks that I dealt with were good people - I still get the high end catalogues a few times a year - as well as the small nice mailers each month...

Again when I was heavily involved in auctioning guns here on GB I preferred to do my own research and post my own pics and descriptions on a GB for specialty items but RI is a viable option or alternative...

Hope no one is offended or feels that this reply violates any GB rules...

Mike
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they are collectable handguns, they usually do pretty well there.