In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock RTF With Gills

BobwireBobwire Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
edited April 2017 in Ask the Experts
What would this Glock in good condition sell for? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unless it's some kind of a very low production variation? That would generate collector interest. Because it's no longer available. Just another Glock.

Check on our auction, for actual selling prices, (disregard pie in the sky, asking prices). Of used Glocks similar to yours.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So to be clear, this is a Gen 2 Glock with RTF (rough texture frame) and "fill gill" (curved) slide serrations. This might be worth *a little* bit more to a hardcore Glock collector, but not THAT much more. Collectors generally prefer UNFIRED guns with original box and papers, and yours doesn't qualify. As a "shooter" this is not worth any more than any other Gen 2 Glock.

"RTF" texture became standard with the Gen 3 Glock, and most users didn't like the "gill" slide serrations because they're just not as easy to grasp as the normal ones.

There is one on the auction site right now for $459 with no bids on it. Recent completed auctions on these have run from $380 to $631, depending on exact model and condition.

So I'll ballpark yours at $400-450, and I think that's a pretty fair price.

glock-22-used-3.jpg
  • Options
    MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have researched this a couple times over past few years after I purchased a Glock with gills.

If you look at the Glock specialty sites they seem to carry a premium of about $100 bucks over a comparable model with standard serrations. But as mentioned early condition and a willing buyer will set the prices.
    Regards, MAALOX