In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

1886 Winchester HELP please!!!

Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
edited May 2017 in Ask the Experts
Gentlemen, I have a 1886 Winchester(serial number 57806) chambered in .38-56 and I need help please. The octagon barrel measures 13/16 at the muzzle and is 23 ?? long with a flush magazine. Is this a heavy barrel and could this be the correct length? There is a folding front sight which I believe to be a Beech and directly in front of the front sight there appears to be a faint three digit number which might read ?134? stamped in the flat of the barrel. The barrel has been reblued at some point but the flats are still nice and flat. I feel the color case hardening has been redone but I?m having a hard time telling for sure. The bore looks good and it?s a good tight rifle. I want to list it on the auction side but I don?t see many old Winchesters and could use some help from you experts. I just got the rifle yesterday and haven?t photoed it yet but will tomorrow. If some of you folks are willing I could email you a few photos directly. It is a nice rifle with good wood. Thank you in advance, Ricci.

Comments