In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Stevens Favorite

fishfinder812fishfinder812 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
edited July 2017 in Ask the Experts
I am trying to nail down just when the Stevens Favorite extractor moved from the seven o'clock position in the receiver to the six o'clock position. Perkins says Stevens changed the design in 1898. DeHass says it moved "in about 1901". Anybody have more information??

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Can anyone tell me which model Favorite had a knurled ring around the barrel at the chamber end threaded to control headspace? The receiver has " Stevens A & t co. " stamped on it. Any guess as to date of MFG ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Stevens Favorite 1915 22 cal.barrel on auction here at Gunbroker. Will it fit a Crackshot model 26 ? Thanks Dennis
  • Options
    edited November -1
    anyone know the correct size of the hammer spring, {length and tension}, my rifle when fired, automatically ejects, and recocks the hammer. thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    im looking at a favorite.22 LONG RIFLE on left side bbl.J STEVENS A&T .09 CHICCPEE FALLS MASS.on left side frame at top.24"oct. bbl, takedown.H 7xx on bottom tang.buttplate is bakelite? with stevens favorite horizontal written on it.buttstock is pistol grip walnut, but the stock line from rip to butt is not straight,it has a big belly in it.any info and possible worth of this gun would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I couldn't find a definitive answer but here's an article on the Favorite you might find helpful.

http://www.wisnersinc.com/stevens-favorite-rifles/
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly