In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Selling question

TurquiTurqui Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited July 2017 in Ask the Experts
Im new on this site, can someone explain to me the correct selling procedure at GunBroker.com? Also how is chosen the ffl deaker were the firearm will be sent? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Good morning all, I was wondering how does one privately sell a gun to another person? What are the requirements that must be met? What are some safeguards for the seller as far as liability of the weapon that is being sold? All answers and responses are greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a question about selling a war trophy that I have. It is a Soviet misslie launcher. It is the 9K111 Fagot as seen in this wiki link... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K111_Fagot

Pic - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:POLK_9K111_Fagot.jpg

It looks just like the pic in the above wiki link with the exception that it does not have the tube.

My question is...Does anyone know if I can legally sell this on Gunbrokers and legally ship it via USPS/UPS or would I have to use an FFL?

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello,

New to the board. I have a question. I'm 20 years old, I live in Florida. I bought a handgun in a private sale, (legal as long as your 18 here) now since I'm not 21 yet, will I encounter any problems selling it on Gun Broker?

If this is the wrong board to post this one, sorry I couldnt find one for such an unusual question as the one I have.

Thanks in advance for your response.

-Tony
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hope this is the right area! I am thinking of listing my old Ruger Single Six. I have never sold anything, but have bought quite a bit. As an individual am I required sell ship to an FFL or can I go direct to a buyer?
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For a start, go over here: https://support.GunBroker.com/hc/en-us/sections/204608707

and far as the FFL you ship TO- that is chosen by the buyer. The FFL you ship to should provide you with their name and address, and the ending part of their FFL number, which you can verify at this location: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/ffl-ez-check-application

And you did not ask for advice, but that rarely slows me down-
    1. Take GOOD, IN FOCUS WELL LIT pictures of what you want to sell.

2. If you are not a FFL, state that in your auction. Some dealers do not want to receive from a non-ffl.
    3. put a Xerox copy of your driver's license in the package with the firearm. Dealer needs to log the gun into his books when he gets it.
    4. Check on shipping costs. Rifles and shotguns can be sent by cheap UPS/ FedEx or can be MAILED by US Mail. Handguns may only be shipped by UPS/ FedEx Next Day Air, which is expensive, unless you are a dealer (Dealer can use US Mail). MAY be cheaper to find a dealer that will ship for you.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    The transfer dealer, the FFL who will actually receive the firearm and do the actual paperwork for the buyer, is virtually always selected by the buyer. That is important for you, the seller, because if there is any problem on the buyers end with the dealer it was the buyer who selected the FFL and it is his problem and not yours.

As 11br already stated, if you are not an FFL then make it perfectly clear in your listing. In most cases there is no legal basis for a dealer not to accept a firearm shipped by a non licensee (handguns shipped to NY state being one exception), but we hear about it happening around the country.

Gun Broker has made the buying and selling of firearms a fairly simple process and once you have sold and shipped your first firearm you'll be an old hand and wonder why you didn't start selling sooner.