In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington Model 31 12 guage

tzincktzinck Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited August 2003 in Ask the Experts
Can someone give an approximate value of a model 31,Monte Carlo stock. Also, is it possible to get an owner history. serial 442

Comments

• Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    model 31's are very collectible guns. it may be possible to contact the factory to see who was the first owner. its been a while since i called remington, maybe someone else here can give you more info. does your gun have a vent rib? fancy engraving? skeet or trap grade?
    give some more info. thanks!

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the response. It does have a vented rib, but no engraving. The only thing that is unique about the gun is the stock; It was obviously custom built. I was told when I bought the gun that it was owned by a world class trap shooter. At the time I didn't have the common sense to write the name down. I shoot trap too and I'd keep the gun but it's just not built for me. who ever had the gun built had longer arms than I do. tia
  • Options
    edited November -1
    can you send a pic? remingtons had those annoying little trigger guards and had single rail forearms. it was an improvement over the model 10, but still, it wasnt until the 870 came out, that they finally got it right. anyway, even if the gun is a m-31, the value may be more in who owned it. sounds like he had fajen wood put on it or maybe bishop wood. im going to suggest you call the ATA in ohio. they may know who it was by the guns serial number. historical guns may be on record. in the meantime, pic me! btw...is it a rollover m/c or a straight up m/c?

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Will do. No visible trigger guard, so I don't know what you mean there. It's a good looking gun that's why I bought it. I wish it fit me better. I would have the butt cut down, but it would be a sin to chop that piece of wood off. I'll send a pic e-mail tomorrow asap.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    no triger guard? are you suuuure? ya gotta have something to protect the trigger from accidental discharge! its the law!
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    sorry, I was thinking you meant some additional safeguard. It does have a smaller guard. I have honestly never noticed it being smaller until now. I just compared it to a model 12 and it is smaller. Thank you for pointing that out.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    those guards were the main complaint from hunters who couldnt get a gloved finger in them! remington sold a lot winchesters for winchester with that gun!
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.