In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dan Wesson Small Frame revolvers

jgatsiojgatsio Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
edited August 2003 in Ask the Experts
I just learned that Dan Wesson Firearms has stopped taking orders for their small frame revolvers. If you had placed an order for one that was currently being manufactured (it's been three months since I placed the order...still no revolver), would you be hesitant to take the gun? I wonder if there isn't a problem with the design...[?]

John gatsio

Comments

• Options
    jgatsiojgatsio Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Fort. I called them. The receptionist explained that DW only sells 1 or two revolvers per month; not enough to keep the production alive. She said they are instead focusing on their hot-selling new 1911's. Kind of surprisind, huh?

Now, the question is whether I'm going to get a custom-made collectible with DW's legendary accuracy....or a piece of crap thrown together at the last minute. I'm hesitant to take posession of it...

John gatsio
  • Options
    dustyholdustyhol Member Posts: 282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Call DW and ask to speak to Bob Serva or Phil (don't know last name. Bob is the president and Phil is the plant manager. They are both straight shooters. In fact, Bob is a regular poster over on 1911forum.com Their 1911's are great pistols. One of the best values on the market. I now have two of them and want more. I don't have any of their revolvers and it looks like I am going to have to get one soon!

"Practice is the best of all instructors."

Publilius Syrus