In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

REMINGTON MODEL 51

big mangobig mango Member Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2003 in Ask the Experts
Can anyone tell me when, if ever, Remington stopped "fire bluing" the small parts on the Model 51 pistol? Also when was it producted?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    WHERE IS THE EXPERT ON THIS SUBJECT AT !! ANY AND ALL INFO. PRINTED INFO. SOURCES ETC. THAT HE CAN PROVIDE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

THANKS
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great instinctive pointing pistol. Pederson was a gun design genius according to John Browning. Remington put a big effort into the ergonomics of this pistol; grip angle, palm swell etc. The screwless, novel takedown shows a lot of imagination. I believe it was made between 1918 and 1932 in 32ACP and 380ACP.
    Its' thinness is matched by very few pistols i.e. 1903 Colt and the 380 LLama but none matched the fit and pointability.
    Pederson also did a great job in rifles for Remington.
  • Options
    remrocremroc Member Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 1979 Gun Digest has a great article on the 51. It is 13 pages of great stuff. There were 54,518 made in 380 and 10,278 in 32.
  • Options
    pack rat633pack rat633 Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great little pistol. I had one for many years. Shoot good, pointed great. It was a little complicated, but never malfunctioned!

SEMPER FI MAC, SEMPER FI
  • Options
    edited November -1
    THANKS FOR THE REPLY FROM YOU THREE, ALREADY HAVE THE GUNDIGEST 1979 ARTICLE AND THE INFO. PREVIOUSLY SUPPLIED , I KNOW. AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.

NEED MORE PRINTED INFO. ON THE SUBJECT, COLLECTOR OF MANY. NEED MORE DETAILED , SPECIAL OR UNKNOWN INFO. OR PRINTED STUFF IS WHAT I NEED.

big mango