In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

how much is a 303 britsh enfeild worth

agleyagley Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited August 2003 in Ask the Experts
i have a .303 british enfeild i am selling and i was curious to know how much i should sell it for. i just recently had the steel reblued and the stock cleaned up and restained it also comes with a 3x9 simmons scope already mounted to it.

Comments

• Options
    D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    Need some more info is it a carbine, what are the markings on it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by D@D
    Need some more info is it a carbine, what are the markings on it?
    im not sure what a carbine is and i cant find any markings on the stock
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It will have a 20 inch or so barrel a flash hider and a recoil pad.
  • Options
    SkeedaddySkeedaddy Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I gave $75 for mine-average condition, and no scope. This rifle looks a little rough, but what a tack driver!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:is and i cant find any markings on the stock

Look to the Left of the Reciever on the Barrel should be some markings.
  • Options
    gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a MKIV .303 with a 4x Weaver scope and sporterised stock in very good condition for $80 at a gun shop last year......it too is a tac driver.

Need to have more info on the rifle for a relative ball park price range.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.<BR>
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It will have a 20 inch or so barrel a flash hider and a recoil pad.
    it has a 20inch barrel no flash hider it has a slding vertical iron sight and the only markings i can find on it are some oriental letters ,no, mkIIIu.k. i think top part is faded a little and where the medaliian was on the butt of the atock was filled in because the coin is not there anymore
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Did you or someone cut the barrel off? More than likely it is a
    No.1 MK.III SMLE. You could probaly depending on location get 125.00 to 165.00. Your scope would not be to much, Im guessing it is drilled and tapped and not the Enfield mounts.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Did you or someone cut the barrel off? More than likely it is a
    No.1 MK.III SMLE. You could probaly depending on location get 125.00 to 165.00. Your scope would not be to much, Im guessing it is drilled and tapped and not the Enfield mounts.
    you are right it was drilled and tapped and when i got it the gone was as it is i have looked at other enfeilds and the stock goes allthey way to the almost end of the barrel mine does not but it looks like every thing on it is original it does not look like any one did anything to the barrel it self
  • Options
    SkeedaddySkeedaddy Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since you have one post left, let me send you this link on these tack drivers http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/review/Enfieldno4mk1.htm. Leaving them original is good advice.