In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

10/22 teardrop 50 round drum???"

cjkusnierzcjkusnierz Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
edited August 2003 in Ask the Experts
just picked up 50 round teardrop drum i am wondering if anyone knows how many teeth to tension the belt it feads grate untill it gets down to 8shots then its hit and miss by the way i have ben looking for one of theis for a long time and last weakend at the show when i had already spent allof my gun money what do i see but two of them in some guies hand saying ill take 60 each you pic so i politly enterd the conversation and walked away with the sweet one for the 60 bucks!!! just had to tell some one because my wife dident get it she just wanted the 60 bucks isaid i wasent going to spend anyway it feads a tek 22 i have that realy neaded somthing to set it off now it looks good[:p]

Comments

• Options
    evermoreevermore Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not exactly sure of the question you are asking, although I will do my best to answer it. It sounds to me as if the wind up motor is partially wound. You know that if the belt ever slips off the wind up motor gear, the belt must be replaced with the proper amount of tension otherwise you will have feeding problems. Did the belt ever slip of track? If so, then you must follow the directions that came with the drum. It sounds to me as if the drum was used, so I doubt that you have the directions. I do however, I just have to find them. Give me your e-mail address and I'll mail you a copy and that should fix your problem or at least you will know that the belt has the correct tension. If the magazine is used, then I strongly suggest that you check for proper tension, because the belt can come off from time to time and if the previous owner of the magazine did not have the instructions then the tension is most likely to be incorrect.

Your Ruger 1022, is it a TEK conversion? Let me know!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for the reply yea the question i had is their a propper starting point for the belt it was in the wrong place when i got it and i set it to one tooth of tension past the top or empty position if ican figure how to insertapicture i will well i have no clue my e mail is ckusnierz@comcast.net the wepon is not a ruger but a intratec tec-22 that i got it for i also have a ruger with a bullpup on it but the drum dosent look as good onthat still serching for the right mag for that one
  • Options
    evermoreevermore Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The email address was incorrect or there is something wrong with your server. I could not send you an email. Do you have another one?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    sorry its ckusnierz1@comcast.net i alyes forget the 1 i just got this address[:p]
  • Options
    boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
    edited November -1
    Only mags I've found that work right with the Tec-22 is the factory mags, or Ramline mags.

To err is human, to moo is bovine.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey boeboe. I have a ram line 25 round and my tec22 won't eat from it. The only mag up until now that would work was a cracked rugger 10 shot. So, I'm really glad that I found this drum, and it really does look cool in my tec22. Thanks for the information guys. And especially thanks for the manual. [:p]
  • Options
    boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
    edited November -1
    There is a trick with both the factory and Ramline magazines in the Tec-22. You have to wiggle them up to make sure they are locked in the right position. Both I and a friend had a couple of them, we use to curse them all the time because they would not feed, would always jam. Then one day we were at the range and a guy who knew about them told us, and showed us this little trick. Push the magazines up hard in the mag well, wiggle it a bit, and it works fine. Neither my friend or I have had any problems since then.

To err is human, to moo is bovine.