In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M-14/M1A RECEIVERS

pack rat633pack rat633 Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2003 in Ask the Experts
I need another M1A, and have all the parts I need but receiver. Have seen ads for ARMSCORP and Enterprise and SMITH. Have any of you had experance with these receivers? Which do you reccomend, and which to stay away from?

SEMPER FI MAC, SEMPER FI

Comments

• Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    go with armscorp. i know the owner. never had a problem. see below for my credibility. regards!

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    GPWEAPONGPWEAPON Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Armscore is excellent have my 2nd one double lugged real shooters
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I personally have to recommend Entreprise. They offer a rear or even a double lugged variant. If I had to do mine over again (I have a springfield, and am very pleased with it) I would have just bought an entreprise reciever and had fulton armory build mine.
  • Options
    pack rat633pack rat633 Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guess there an't no bad receivers. Might as well go with best price. Thanks for the feedback boys!!

SEMPER FI MAC, SEMPER FI
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    oh yes there is! wait until you buy one with the bbl breech bore off center! or, when the gun and bbl is installed and the only way to get center mass is with the front sight all the way to the left or right hanging off the mounting bar groove!

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.