In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mossberg 1000 & S&W 1000

fcdlfcdl Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
edited January 2005 in Ask the Experts
I've beed told these are the same guns by a lot of people. Is that true and are parts interchangable? Thanks.

J. Fred Crist

Comments

• Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mossberg bought the gun and the entire inventory when s&w sold the shotgun side of the business. same gun.

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, former navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction. NRA certified instructor.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    fcdlfcdl Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Bobski. Appreciate all the expertise on this question.

J. Fred Crist
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The S&W and Mossberg shotguns were made by Howa in Japan.I have a mod 3000 pump with two barrels a well made dependable shotgun.[^]

Eagle_Guns.gif
    standard.jpg
    standard.jpg
    When a worm wants to relax,does he go fishing?  "And remember a wet dog doesn't fly at night"  ATF,Eagle Guns
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Moss/S&W 1000 or 1000P ? One's semi-auto the other is a pump. The pump got a model # change later( to the 3000) because of the confusion with the 1000 auto. Mossberg only had them for '86-'87.I wish someone would import them again, one of the best auto loaders I've ever shot.

Fred, e-mail me if you still need a gas compensation valve, I have a good used one.

7_2_120.gif
    "Aim small, Miss small"
  • Options
    snowtiggersnowtigger Member Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would like to find a good 26" barrel for a S&W 1000 20 ga. I hate to have this one cut, but if I can't find one I may do that.

It ain't what you shoot, it's what you hit.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    snowtigger, I just saw one here or over on fleabay. They come up once in awhile. www.corsonsbarrels.com has them, pricey though!

7_2_120.gif
    "Aim small, Miss small"
  • Options
    JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the change of model # to 3000 also designate a significant design change?????????...I don't think model 1000 pump and 3000 parts are interchangable???????????????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jim, The 1000P and 3000 are the same gun,different #, made by Howa. The S&W 916 and 96 pump guns were made by Noble.

7_2_120.gif
    "Aim small, Miss small"