In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hornady Bullet Questions.............

JudgeRoyBeanJudgeRoyBean Member Posts: 282 ✭✭✭
edited January 2005 in Ask the Experts
Have you used either of these Hornady bullets? If so, what was the application?

Hornady #3010 .30 Cal 110 GR. .308 Spire Point

Hornady #3005 .30 Cal 100 GR. .308 Short Jacket

I'm guessing these are for the M-1 Carbine. Somebody able to fill me in with some concrete information? Thanks!

Henry Ford stated: "There is no one more useless than a Convict, except perhaps, those that guard them. This was his reason NOT to hire either one of them!

Comments

• gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Your assumption is correct in my case. I even use the 85gr in my .30M1 Blackhawk for the chickens and pigs.
    I also use a Remington 123grFMJ with reduced powder charges for the turkeys & rams. Goes almost 1200fps!

"Qui non est hodie cras minus aptus erit" --OVID
  • dahmerdahmer Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As Sherlock would say, "Excellent my dear Watson.' Designed for the m-1 or m-2 carbine they should not be attempted to be fired thru the hotrod .308 Winchester or blazing .300 Winchester Magnum.

They that are willing to give up their liberty for a little safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin.
  • JudgeRoyBeanJudgeRoyBean Member Posts: 282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anybody load and shoot these in an M-1 Carbine?

Henry Ford stated: "There is no one more useless than a Convict, except perhaps, those that guard them. This was his reason NOT to hire either one of them!
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, I loaded them in a .30 carbine, I think we used 2400 powder. I love the 110 Gr. half jackets in a 30-06. Load them fast and dispatch old lawnmower engines and watermellons. They are great fun to shoot.
  • JudgeRoyBeanJudgeRoyBean Member Posts: 282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anybody shoot these in a specific firearm? What gun and what is your recipe for these?

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used the 110 spire point in a couple of 30/06s years ago. A winchester 670 and remington 742 if I remember right. Accuracy was adequate for coyotes out to 250 yards or so. Used imr 4064 about halfway between starting and max from the lyman manual.

Mobuck