In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

clips for 10/22

groovinmonkeygroovinmonkey Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2009 in Ask the Experts
I just got a 10/22 and some high cap mags. 30 round eagle mags work great but the shooters ridge 50 round clips really suck. The follower gets stuck and rounds go sideways when loading up the clip. When unloading or trying to cycle through the gun the follower gets stuck and rounds are just loose. I use the big 550 round bricks of federal or winchester. What can I do to get this mag cycling better or should I just get rid of it and use what works?

Comments

• Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by groovinmonkey
    should I just get rid of it and use what works?

Yes.

Also, just to be picky, what the 10/22 takes are best termed "magazines". A "clip" is a piece of metal that holds rounds together without moving parts.

For example. Clip (for Mosin-nagant rifle):

Clip:
    stripper.jpg

Magazine (for 10/22 rifle):
    252579.jpg

Magazine (for 1911 pistol):
    wilson47d.gif
  • Options
    dotcom_guy30dotcom_guy30 Member Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    butler creek magazines for the 10/22 usally work ,eagle is also a good bramd i use both , but have never had any luck with the 50 round mags
  • Options
    bustinstainlessbustinstainless Member Posts: 451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have a mwg 50 round drum if you dont load them right they will fail.2 butler creeks put together would more reliable