In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Winchester Model 12 Value

bvpebvpe Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited February 2009 in Ask the Experts
I currently have an older Winchester Model 12 I am considering selling or trading off. Serial number is 1600483 I believe it was manufactured in the early 1950's. The gun has the corn cob forearm, a 30 inch barrel with vent rib, chamber is 2 3/4 inch, I have only seen one other gun simular at Cabelas, the only difference was it was chambered for 3 inch and called a "Heavy Duck Gun". The condition of my is ok, the blueing on the receiver shows wear but no rust, wood in a good to excellent condition. The receiver was tapped for the fitting of a peep site (which I do have). Any info you can give me about this gun and its value would be appreciated.

Comments

• bvpebvpe Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've inherited a model 12-16 ga take down shotgun. Serial # 910314. 2 3/4" chamber, full choke. It is in a canvas bag with leather straps.

What is it worth?

Thanks

bvpe
    edited November -1
    A good friend of mine would like to know the approximate value of a Winchester Model 12 seven shot 16 ga pump.He thinks it was made around 1903.It is in excellent condition as far as I know.It belonged to his father and was handed down many years ago.Thanks
    Freedom is not free,what have YOU done to support it?
    edited November -1
    What would be the estimated value of a Winchester Model 12 Field Grade, caliber 12/70 - 100% original condition, 90- 80% blueing left - serialnumber 17630XX

Fluw
    edited November -1
    Looking for an approximate range for the value of this gun. Thanks!

Winchester Model 12
    S/N 385973 (mfg 1925 I believe)
    barel stamped "NICKEL STEEL - MOD. 12 - 12 GA FULL"
    Cutts compensator
    barel blue OK - receiver missing some blue on edges in addition to the normal wear by the slide handle
    small crack in the slide handle
    stock is slightly warn but in good shape - had a newer butt pad installed ~15 years ago.
    edited November -1
    I have a model 12 20 gauge with full choke and serial number 1316986. How can assess its value?
    Thanks,
    Rick
    edited November -1
    Winchester model 12 12ga imp cyl plain barrel...very nice shape probably 90% or better

I can't remember anything else about it right off hand but was needing a ball park value on it.
  • gunut 1gunut 1 Member Posts: 360 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    condition condition condition........also...plain barrel or ribbed...checkered/or plain stock.....pad or butt plate...if pad is it a winchester marked pad....% of original blue and stock finish remaining.....

If a field grade with a plain round barrel...they go 4 about 150/200 for a gun good 4 parts to about 450/550 for one in the mid to upper ninety percent range....LNIB is anybodys guess in an auction type setting...
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are many factors that go into determining the real potential value of a collectible Winchester of any model. Without a complete and detailed description of the features and condition of your Model 12, it is impossible to provide you with a realistic assessment. A complete description accompanied by high resolution pictures would provide forum members with the necessary information to assist you.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!