In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

marlin 22

cave mancave man Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
edited February 2009 in Ask the Experts
Hello again guys,

The last help I got about the Winchester 270 was wonderful to say the least, thanks again.

So about Marlin selling out to Remington, I have a Marlin 22 that I bought new in 92, it is a specail edition with a gold coin stamped into the stock. I have only shot this gun 40 times or less. Should I hold off and not shoot it to hold the value? What is everyones take on the matter? Thanks

Comments

• cave mancave man Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a marlin 22 model 39-a lever action wondering what it's worth
  • DEG305DEG305 Member Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Need a whole lot more info than what you gave us before anyone can give you any idea. Like condition, age(serial #) Oh and by the way welcome to the forum, there are a lot of people here with a lot of smarts. they just need a little more info. Nice 22, I have one also
  • rdc5rdc5 Member Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    no further info than was given...............anywhere from $200-$700 or more or less
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you could post a picture and alot more info that would help alot. there are many different versions. a serial number would help to find a manuf. date and a picture would give us the condition of the firearm to some extent. By the way, welcome aboard[:D]You find this to be a great fourm, with alot of great gun minds.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome, and congrats on owning one of the best 22s made. Besides what has already been posted, try going over to the auction side, search for CLOSED auctions, last 90 days, Marlin 39A, see what they have sold for. Of course, condition is everything, variance model to model, etc. Please DO understand there is a lot of price difference between a Mdl 39, and a 39A.
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    i picked up a 39 at our last funshow for 250 ..dated to 1956 nice condition great blue to the barrel some wear to the reciever