In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What are they worth? 410, 22, 22, 22

ThistledowneThistledowne Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited February 2009 in Ask the Experts
410 Bolt Shotgun
New haven.
Model 283B 410 ga 3 inch
Mossberg and sons

Lever Action 22 Rifle - Iron Sights
Marlin golden 39A Mountie
Micro-groove barrel
SL and LR

Semi-auto 22 Rifle - Scope
Remington Speedmaster. Model 552

High Standard Double-9 revolver
I love this handgun. Has a mag cylinder as well.

Photos here: http://photos.bramblethorne.org/main.php?g2_itemId=7102

Comments

• Options
    burpfireburpfire Member Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hello. ESTIMATE in prices:

410---150 to 200...
    marlin 22--300 to 350
    remington 22--160 to 225
    high standard--150 to 200

keep in mind, these are what these guns would sell for in my area. you might get more or less depending where you sell them. these are a pretty good estimation.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    burpfire is in the ballpark as far as prices go here to. my only change would be 410--$100-125. for some reason noone likes the bolt actions. this is dependent on them being in good shape and functional.
  • Options
    jamesjojamesjo Member Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The High Standard will go for MUCH more than that. Closer to $ 350-400. Good condition HS pieces have been rapidly rising in value lately, especially nice convertibles,. I have been watching them closely for about a year and yours does look pretty good. The original box also helps alot.
    Jim
  • Options
    Emmett DunhamEmmett Dunham Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Mountie may go for more money too! There are quite a few posts over on the Marlin Collectors fourm looking for them.

Emmett
  • Options
    thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Put them on auction at GB and let's find out.
  • Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jamesjo
    The High Standard will go for MUCH more than that. Closer to $ 350-400. Good condition HS pieces have been rapidly rising in value lately, especially nice convertibles,. I have been watching them closely for about a year and yours does look pretty good. The original box also helps alot.
    Jim

I agree with ya on the Double Nine, I too have been watching them for quite sometime. They really have jumped in value. Use the "smart search" feature on the auction side and search completed auctions. Enter each of the items, one at a time and see what they have sold for.
  • Options
    ThistledowneThistledowne Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks all. I'm considering auctioning the Mountie... I just hate to ship and deal with remote payments... am I right in remembering that for a long-gun I don't have to worry about FFL?

As to the high-standard... I'm not sure I can bear to give it up, but I did want to get an idea of what it's worth. I keep waffling. I'm stripping back and converting beloved possessions into Ramen noodles. But the HS... I love this little piece. It's just so incredibly fun to shoot. My wife LOVES(d) to shoot it... and if I can get her back, I want to be able to enjoy it again. Plus, unlike the other three which were nice inherited guns, the HS was a gift with some emotional attachment.

I figure if I really want to plink again, or get access to bunny and squirrel grounds (and time), I can always replace these weapons... though perhaps not with something quite as nice.

It's been a hard hard decision.

I offloaded the Rossi 38sp, the Ruger p89DC (looooved it), two 12ga, a sporterized Springfield 30-06, and the nifty lever-pump .22 pellet gun.**

** the pellet gun was incredible... 30+ years old, easy, and still great seals. Three to five pumps, and it made a great plinking gun out to 50 ft.

Any idea what the nice case would go for?
  • Options
    jtmarine0831jtmarine0831 Member Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like hillbille said, $100-$125 on the 410. I have three of the O.F. Mossberg and Sons 3" 410 bolt actions and I have never given over $100 for any of them. Very good shotguns IMHO, very dependable and wonderful squirrel/rabbit guns. If you decide to put it up for auction let me know so I can check it out. About time for the boy to get his first squirrel gun.