In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Tanfoglio - Run away? Or Buy?

exjarheadexjarhead Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited March 2009 in Ask the Experts
They have a nice price, but then, so did Volkswagens. If you have owned one, or fired one, I want to hear from you. Semper Fi

Comments

• p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    They're pretty good value for your money. My only complaint was the three safeties.
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are referring to the Witness line made by Tangfolio and imported by EAA, buy it. Great guns; solid, reliable, and a great value.
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I own several EAA 10mm hand guns and the work first time every time. My 2 cents
    Greg
  • sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +2...very good guns. The witness if I remember is actually the CZ75 made under license. The Italians do a great job of building firearms BTW.
  • AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 4,050
    edited November -1
    Yep, I have a 10mm and a 9mm. Both are great guns.
  • Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sandwarrior
    +2...very good guns. The witness if I remember is actually the CZ75 made under license. The Italians do a great job of building firearms BTW.

Not its not a CZ75 made under license. The CZ75 was designed in a communist nation, and since commie nations don't really have patents, the Italians can make as many copies as they want. Parts will not interchange for the most part.

I have a small frame Witness 9mm. Love it.
  • Richie RichRichie Rich Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one in the wonder finish, it was my first auto. I love it it has had a few thousand rounds put down range and has never jammed.
    Rich
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Ain't no Ex JarHeads. Unless you were thrown out.
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    friend of mine had a tangfoglio TZ-75 that was factory color case hardened-beautiful gun and amazingly accurate-kicks himself all the time for selling it and I have yet to find another with that color scheme.
  • iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Only issue I had with mine is the black grips leaked some color onto the wonderfinish while in shipping. Bought it new in '91, it was the CZ75 size frame and the same gun as the Springfield P9 and IMI Jericho

On mine, the decocker/safety was slide mounted

Never had a funtionality issue, and it was very accurate

BTW - What was wrong with the old orinal VWs?
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iwannausername
    Only issue I had with mine is the black grips leaked some color onto the wonderfinish while in shipping. Bought it new in '91, it was the CZ75 size frame and the same gun as the Springfield P9 and IMI Jericho

On mine, the decocker/safety was slide mounted

Never had a funtionality issue, and it was very accurate

BTW - What was wrong with the old oringinal VWs?

Well, speaking from experience they tend to spin when you down shift on black ice. There's a house missing a front porch in Andover, MA thanks to my driving inabilities in 1978 or so.

I was very happy with my Tangfolio in 38 Super. I use a CZ 97B as my "save my life" home defense gun. I'd be very content to rely on a Tangfolio.
  • iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Ah... you got bit by the rear engine power thing...

I learned to drive in a Porsche 356 - think balanced and blue printed VW engine at 75hp, better suspension and mono body. One thing I remember is dad saying "Keep your foot on the gas in the corner!". Go thru a corner/turn, let the foot off the gas, and rear end will come around...
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    They are built like the old Bugs; solid, no frills, workhorses, adaptable to several other calibers.
    I have 4 now, and am looking to get another as soon as they come out with a 357Sig model.
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In terms of bang for the buck, they're great.

In addition to everything already mentioned, the ability to change calibers with only a swap of uppers puts these into a unique category.

Just by switching slide and barrel, the large frame guns will run: 9mm luger, .40SW, .38 Super, 45 ACP, or 10mm. Plus supposedly, the .38 super gun is strong enough to run 9x23 Winchester right out of the box.