In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Savage Arms 7.65

clickclickclickclick Member Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
edited March 2009 in Ask the Experts
What does anybody know about this Savage Arms Pistol? Is this the original holster for this gun? Value? Thanks is advance!

DSC00705.jpg

DSC00706.jpg

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Savage looks like one of the fairly common Model 1907's. Markings, caliber, and serial number range will help us identify it. Condition doesn't look all that great though.

The holster appears to Japanese for the Type 94 Nambu. Makes you wonder how they got together? Although lacking in condition, and pretty beat-up. Holster would probably have some value in of itself to a collector of Japanese firearms and militaria.
  • clickclickclickclick Member Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry I posted these too fast & forgot info...
    I thought the holster looked like a Nambu but wasn't sure. The serial is 112248. The barrel is marked Savage Arms Co. Utica NY Cal.32 Patented November 21 1905 - 7.65M.M.

It is definately in well used condition. The right grip is a rough handmade replacement.
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    clickclick,

"10 Shots Quick!" (advertising line)

According to one list, your serial number appears to be from the year 1914.

It's an interesting pistol both from a design standpoint to the popularity of the .32ACP chamber. The .380ACP didn't have nearly the popularity that the .32ACP did.

savagemodel1907.jpg
    From the NRA History of Firearms museum presentation

Check your e-mail, I sent you some more information.

Best.
  • clickclickclickclick Member Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nononesense... I looked for the info but didn't get anything in my email. Could you send it again? Thanks all!
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    clickclick,

I sent a new e-mail. If for some reason you don't get it, please let me know and I'll work it another way.

Best.