In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

colt handguns

ebbtide357ebbtide357 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited March 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have acquired 2 colt handguns and was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about them. How popular/rare, worth, approx. age, etc.

1. Mod. 1916 has the Argentine seal on top of the slide. Very good condition.

2. New Frontier Buntline 22/22mag. excellent condition.

Hope someone can help me out. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    ebbtide357ebbtide357 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought a colt 44 mag anaconda stainless real nice gun shoots well everybody tells me to put it away is there any value to this gun down the road?
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Depends on if the gun is in original factory condition AND it's overall actuall condition. IF factory original, and in at least VG condition, it should appreciate in value at a nice rate, mainly because it is a Colt...IF not in original condition, refinish/parts change & orig. parts gone, etc., it's a shooter with no Collector value...nothing super special but a LOT of Colt Collectors...[;)]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    It is NEW IN THE BOX only one time and then I MIGHT put it away . That is why I like 98% type guns you can have fun with them by shooting like they were intended and IF you take proper care you can shoot them from time to time in the right conditions and proper maintenance and years later have a 98% gun [^][:p]
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you shoot it, you will like it and keep shooting it. I have had one for almost 15 years. It is my favorite hunting revolver.
  • Options
    ZinderblocZinderbloc Member Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it has already been shot, continue to shoot it. The Anaconda may be the strongest revolver Colt ever made.

IMO prices for the Anaconda will continue to climb for years to come. Colt really didn't make all that many Anacondas compared to the Python and the Diamondback.
  • Options
    royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree. If has already been shot. Go ahead and shoot it. The nice things about Colts are they will still go up in value anyway (although not as well as a NIB). I have a six inch factory ported SS myself and I love it. It was used when I bought it and I shoot it occasionally and keep it well cleaned and oiled. Already have turned down 100.00 more than I payed for it.