In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

rifle values

renee mccallrenee mccall Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited September 2009 in Ask the Experts
I am hoping that I have found a place in assisting my husband in finding the value of many of his rifle collection. An advid collector he has many old rifles and guns, rabbit eared double barrel, double barrels, over and unders etc. however I can not find pricing book for these babies. If I am in the correct place, Please email me and I will post those that he wishes...thanks,,,renee mccall

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I bought two rifles at a local auction and wondering if someone could give me an idea of the values.

1) Remington Model 742 Woodmaster 243 caliber. This gun looks like its brand new not a scratch on it. I am not sure what model it is as far as adl,bdl. Is there a way to tell this?

2) Interarms Mark X 30.06. This rifle is probally 98%. I cannot find a scratch on it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can anyone give me a ballpark value on the following:

1. Weatherby MK V Deluxe, 7mm weath mag,Ser# H1244xx with Weatherby Premier 3x-9x40 scope, made in Japan. In Weatherby Hard Case. All in Mint Condition.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i have 2 rifles that i would like some help with value wise. first off is a ruger 10/22 ser. 230-90xxx. bluing is perfect, walnut stock has a couple very minor light scratches that can only be seen in bright light(don't break finish). it has a 25rd pre-ban mag, and a factory 10rd, and a cheap bushnell 4x15 sportview scope. next up is a pre-ban ruger mini-14 ser. 185-59xxx. it's a stainless steel model with a ramline folding stock. it has a pinned on flash hider, and looks like it's new with a 30rd ramline mag and a no-name 30rd blued mag. i personally have shot alot of ammo through this rifle, but it is in really good shape, looks new. if i could get some info on value, or a link where i could look it up, it would be very appreciated. cody, ameriskin@charter.net

if you're in my yard tonight, you'll be there in the morning
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i have 2 rifles that i would like some help with value wise. first off is a ruger 10/22 ser. 230-90xxx. bluing is perfect, walnut stock has a couple very minor light scratches that can only be seen in bright light(don't break finish). it has a 25rd pre-ban mag, and a factory 10rd, and a cheap bushnell 4x15 sportview scope. next up is a pre-ban ruger mini-14 ser. 185-59xxx. it's a stainless steel model with a ramline folding stock. it has a pinned on flash hider, and looks like it's new with a 30rd ramline mag and a no-name 30rd blued mag. i personally have shot alot of ammo through this rifle, but it is in really good shape, looks new. if i could get some info on value, or a link where i could look it up, it would be very appreciated. cody, ameriskin@charter.net

if you're in my yard tonight, you'll be there in the morning
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello and welcome to GUNBROKER the BLUE BOOK of gun values is stocked by Barns and Noble as well as many other book stores . With out detail close-up in focus pictures we will only be able to guess at value. . You can however do a SMART SEARCH on the auction side of this GUNBROKER site and look at the same gun as his that has sold NOT WHAT SOME DAY DREAMERS have tried to sell for months or years by relisting over and over .
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fladerman also publishes a book on the values of antique guns, and it is also readily available at Amazon or major book stores. It is pretty difficult for us to help with large collections, we need lots of high quality photos to judge condition. Not all old guns are worth a fortune, only those that someone is willing to pay a fortune for. Many are just old guns because the is little or no collector demand.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can also do searches on the auction side of this site to see if any of the type of guns you own have been sold. You might be pleasantly surprised to find several auctions for guns like yours.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you so very much on your replies. I do feel now I have a hang to this search. I had a complete list of my husbands collection, names, serial #'s etc. looked all day and can not find. Will have to pull out and relog. While I am doing that I will take pictures and attach when I return. I will also jump into Barnes... :)