In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

model 600 .223

gray73@live.comgray73@live.com Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited September 2009 in Ask the Experts
trying to find info on a remington model 600 .223

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Without specific question(s) it's very difficult to answer.

Remington Model 600's are very popular rifles. If you GOOGLE, "Remington Model 600", all kinds of information comes up. Start reading and following the links, your questions will be answered.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The main info to know about a Model 600 .223 is that Blue Book says only 315 were made, which makes them worth about twice as much as any other caliber. I would bet that there were many more rechambered from .222. And I would not be surprised if there were a good number of those with the markings faked.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hawk Carse
    The main info to know about a Model 600 .223 is that Blue Book says only 315 were made, which makes them worth about twice as much as any other caliber. I would bet that there were many more rechambered from .222. And I would not be surprised if there were a good number of those with the markings faked.
    were the rechambered .222 done at the factory? If they were how many did Remington make?
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, that's the point. An easy change by anybody who knew how to use a reamer and a headspace gauge to allow use of military crap ammunition. It's the ones with the fudged caliber markings that you have to watch out for.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No, that's the point. An easy change by anybody who knew how to use a reamer and a headspace gauge to allow use of military crap ammunition. It's the ones with the fudged caliber markings that you have to watch out for.
    remington shows all model 600 with vent rib barrels were there ones made without the vr?
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gray73@live.com
    remington shows all model 600 with vent rib barrels were there ones made without the vr?

Yes, there were models made without the vent rib, but I believe that these are considered the Model 660. There was a Standard 600, 600 Magnum, 600 Mohawk(I believe that these may not have had a vent rib either), 660, 660 Magnum, and finally a 673 years later. The 673 usues a couple of different platforms to get it's numbers.

6-- Based off of Model 600
    7-- Model 7 action
    3-- Produced in the year 2003

Jon