In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Opinion About AutoMag

Maxx424Maxx424 Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in Ask the Experts
Saw a .30 carbine AutoMag at the range yesterday. Have the Ruger in the same and it is a lot of fun. Really loud and what a flame thrower. Are AutoMag's any good??

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Two different generations. The first ones were made by the original manufacturer, AMT in California, during the 1990's. The current ones are made by the High Standard in Texas. If it's something you really have to have, buy the new made one from the outfit in Texas. As long as your buying it new you will receive some sort of a warranty/guarantee. If it has problems, and you have to send it back.

A lot of the guns that AMT made back in the 90's had quality control and functioning issues. This was one of the factors contributing to AMT demise. I don't know enough about the new outfit in Texas's guns, to make the call one way or another.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Through around 300 rounds, mine has been 100%, original California manufacture.

Accuracy is comparable to the Ruger Blackhawk, at least for me.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele