In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

early naval german luger 9mm ser #3608 ADDED PICS

speedydemon1972speedydemon1972 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in Ask the Experts
I have a German Luger that has been passed down in my family since my great great grandfather. It is a 9mm, 6" barrel, reverse safety and also has the hand safety. 100 & 200 range site. You can attach a stock. It is missing the front site piece. It is stamped DWM, the serial # is 3608. All numbers are matching with the exception of the clip(#'ed 3331). Underside of the barrel has a crown symbol and the letter "M"(i was told is a navy issue?), with ser. 3608 under that. 08 is stamped in 3 visible places on the gun. There are no other markings, #'s, or stamps on this gun. I took this to a gun appraiser(not a luger appraiser), he couldn't give me any info on the value of this gun. All he could tell me is he thinks the year is 1904 and the bluing is about 95% and it's in excellent condition. What I would like to know is an estimated value range of this gun, year, and why it doesn't have more markings?!?! And any other info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this.
I have many pictures, please email me at speedydemon72@yahoo.com, I don't know how or if you can post them on here. Thanks

Comments