In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

DEWAT MP40

smithron4@hotmail.comsmithron4@hotmail.com Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in Ask the Experts
Looking for a listing price for a perfict DEWAT MP40 with all the paper work. This gun was profesionaly made into a war trophy.

Comments

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A good auction listing price would be $.01.

Neal
  • cbyerlycbyerly Member Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it is a welded up Dewat, they were certainly professionally done. Years ago I restored one and it was very difficult and the bolt face was welded beyond repair. I don't know the current rules about re registering it as a live gun. If it has registration papers, it is worth thousands if it can be restored to shooting condition.
  • villafuegovillafuego Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the gun was registered as a DEWAT prior to 1968, it can be legally reactivated a few ways....if it wasn't registered, then it is contraband....period. A papered DEWAT MP-40 is realistically a 6-8 thousand dollar gun.

A "dummy" MP-40 built from a parts kit on a new "dummy" receiver is a diferent story.....usually worth only parts-kit value.....1000-1300 dollars.
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I agree completely with the above two posts.

Be specific smithron: Is this simply a non functional dummy gun built up on a blank receiver or is this an actual DEWATed machine gun? If it is a real DEWAT it needed to have been registered on or before the close of the 1968 amnesty. If it was papered then it can be reactivated and is worth considerable money.
  • smithron4@hotmail.comsmithron4@hotmail.com Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The MP40 is a perfect gun, no a dummy made from parts and a dummy receiver. It was in shooting condition before it was de-activated. Thank you for your replies.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Without high quality, close up, photographs of your gun AND the paperwork, we are unable to help you any further.

Neal
  • Bill JordanBill Jordan Member Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Plus it's how it was DEWATed. I bought a BAR with proper paperwowk, that must have been done by a gun hater, or an ATF instructor, that was so bad it could not be REWATed. Good Luck.