In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Inherited WWII Collection... (Continued)

TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in Ask the Experts
Contact LOCUST FORK. She will do a great job for you. Drive your guns down to her near Birmingham, then you're done except for receiving checks from her every week until they're all sold. Mine is the voice of experience.

Comments

• Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    I'm thinking that is very good advice. She will give you a much better deal than your local FFL.
    W.D.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He lives in the people's republic of calli. Driving to Alabama, might not be practical. With the screwie laws they have their, he might not even be able to ship them himself?
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I agree about LOcust Fork I drove down to take her Guns a friend wanted to sell a few years ago . Yes it would be a long drive but a trip out east would be a great adventure. you might even want to Stay or move there . Would be a great area to retire laid back very little Stress except Kasey can always find some car trouble or heating duct problems from time to time.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Fellows, experts gets 10 slots. If your mumblings aren't fesible, don't post them and consume a slot.
    Driving cross country to deliver guns for sale is not fesible for normal people. Incurring the shipping cost is not fesible.
    Let's use a little common sense and delete foolish posts for people that live in Cali and offer real advice.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ted........ I would recommend what Bert H suggested in the original post, contact Carol Watsons Orange Coast Auctions. I know Carol personally and she is very professional. Her auction will be able to fetch top dollar for those guns.

From the pictures I saw those guns are in excellent condition. The ones with original shipping crates will get more money. The only guns I saw that cannot be sold to calif residents are the HK and the AR type rifle. Carol can handle those but they will only be available to out of state bidders. Carol might be able to send someone to you to pick the collection up.
  • Options
    b0400879b0400879 Member Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Re:
    quote:Originally posted by Laredo Lefty
    ........ Carol Watsons Orange Coast Auctions. Her auction will be able to fetch top dollar for those guns .......

Not from my experience.
    Nailed a mint cond, test-fired only/certified VBB w/ papers 'b' block ac45 K43 at Carol's during summer 2011 live auction.
    Gavel price was $1700, OTD cost was $2055.

Whenever I do drag it out nowadays, the cash offers start to fly.
    I've turned-down $3.5K more times that I can recall.