In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sig Sauer Trigger Adjustment Possibilities?

PauperPauper Member Posts: 117 ✭✭
edited November 2015 in Ask the Experts
Can the trigger creep and more importantly the trigger pull on a Sig model 290RS 380 be lightened. I have been told by several gunsmiths that the trigger pull on this model Sig can not be adjusted to have less creep or more importantly can not be lightened up. The main issue is the trigger pull. The creep is secondary issue. All the gunsmiths that I have ask say that what you get is how it is and can't be changed. Is this true? Any suggestions or possibilities concerning this issue or are the gunsmiths correct?

Thanks for any suggestions or helpful insight concerning this issue.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trigger pull is a very sensitive legal liability issue, for a lot of Gunsmiths. To many have been put out of business, because bottom feeding layers. Have come after them, in regard to trigger jobs they have did.

You might try a gunsmith in Mesa Arizona named Angus Hobdell. Although he specializes in CZ's. I believe he also will work on Sig-Sauers. You can search him out by GOOGLEing "Ghost Products, Mesa Arizona"
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    https://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/.../P290MiniManualLR.pdf

They state many times in the manual "no modifications allowed".

The design has a hammer, sear and a trigger with springs. Double action only (pg 63 is 9# average) means a long trigger pull to cock the hammer each time.

With a sub 3" barrel and 4.5" sight radius with a DAO I think it's a belly gun not a tack driver. The sights while somewhat adjustable look to be really wide for easy acquisition not pin point target work.
  • Options
    KAMsalesKAMsales Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The trigger mechanism on the SIG doesn't lend itself to much helpful modification. Reprofiling of the components needs to be done carefully by someone familiar with that DAO system.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KAMsales
    The trigger mechanism on the SIG doesn't lend itself to much helpful modification. Reprofiling of the components needs to be done carefully by someone familiar with that DAO system.

Perhaps a lighter poundage main spring, might make a difference?

A couple of years, after I bought my Keltec P 11. Keltec came out with a lighter mainspring. To improve, the double action only trigger. It did help some. They would send you the reduced poundage mainspring. For self installation, if you contacted them.

I don't know if Sig Sauer would go that route? No harm asking them though.
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is a DOA gun so I'm not sure what you mean by creep. Do you mean the trigger pull is too long? These are what I consider self defense guns so I would be reluctant to lighten the trigger due to possible misfires. We have sold these guns and have them in the store now and I never thought the triggers were all that bad. I suggest you give Sig a call and ask them. When I went through the Sig armorer course years ago Sig would do an action job on their guns very cheaply. Customer service is 603-418-8102. Good luck, Ricci