In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt ar 15 6700

rock crusherrock crusher Member Posts: 7
edited December 2015 in Ask the Experts
I think this is a 6700 its a sporter competition H bar serial #CH 008xxx it has removable H bar barrel stamped cmp 5.56 nato 1/9 H bar so I think its a 20 inch heavy barrel not chrome made in 1990 or 91 I don't see many of these for sale, if Im wrong please let me know and any info, value would be appreciated thanks and I think there were 15,000 of them made ??

Comments

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,855 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "it has removable H bar barrel"

??????
    nearly ALL rifle barrels are "removable"
    this is some sort of takedown??
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to "The AR-15 Complete Owner's Guide" by Walt Kuleck, the R6700 was first made in 1992. As with most other Colt guns, they were made in batches based upon demand. There is no way that anyone can estimate the quantity made, Colt doesn't tell us.

Without photos showing that the rifle in question is original, the condition, & what accessories come with it, it is not possible for us to estimate the value. If you look at the GunBroker COMPLETED auctions, you should be able to find similar rifles for comparison.

Neal
  • Options
    rock crusherrock crusher Member Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    thanks all these are helpful I still wonder why I very seldom see one in the auctions