In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beretta 92fa-s 9mm

3387loon3387loon Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited December 2015 in Ask the Experts
I have a Beretta 92 9mm, on the box it says 92FA-S wood 9mm, I bought this sometime in the late 80's early 90's. It has 2 pre ban 15 shot clips and has never been fired. I am having a hard time figuring out what the value of this pistol is. Any ideas? I have never sold on this site, was wondering how difficult/safe it is?
Thanks in advance, Lon

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best way to sell on the site, if your a newbie. Is to do all your transfers thru a 01 FFL dealer. It won't cost you a penny. As the buyer shipping and handling fee, will include the cost of the FFL.

Signing up to sell on the auction. Gives you axcess to the completed auctions. That show prices realized, for guns sold over the last 3 months.
  • Options
    o b juano b juan Member Posts: 1,941 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It should bring a ;ot more than the one I Have that has 2 magazines!

Beretta didnt make but about 3 or 4 that accepted clips![:D]
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 3387loon
    I have a Beretta 92 9mm, on the box it says 92FA-S wood 9mm, I bought this sometime in the late 80's early 90's. It has 2 pre ban 15 shot clips and has never been fired. I am having a hard time figuring out what the value of this pistol is. Any ideas? I have never sold on this site, was wondering how difficult/safe it is?
    Thanks in advance, Lon

Best comparable item I noticed for sale on the GunBroker site is this one, which recently sold for $650. Assuming yours is new in box and similar, that's probably a pretty good estimate of true market value.

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=508130263#PIC

Selling on this site is perfectly safe, and only slightly more complicated than (say) listing an item for sale on Ebay.

Its basically the same exact thing, though because a gun is involved, you have to make sure the transfer is legal (and that usually means going through a Federal Firearms Licensee to do the actual transfer).

You open an account, take good pictures, write up your ad copy, post the ad, and let the bidders do their thing. When the auction is over, you get paid, and they you make sure the gun is transferred legally.

In some states, you can legally do face to face transfers IN STATE. For any out of state sale, you'll need to send the gun to the buyers FFL, who will do the transfer for them.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am unaware of such a model. If you are unable to post photos of the gun & the box end label, I don't think that we can help you with the value.

Since you are considering sell on GB, go to the home page & check out all the links under SELLERS (near the bottom of the page).

Neal
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am not sure how to attach a photo in this forum. Do you know the best way for me to post a couple of photos?
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 3387loon
    I am not sure how to attach a photo in this forum. Do you know the best way for me to post a couple of photos?

Well, you could read the "Sticky" at the top of this Forum entitled "Posting Photographs". [;)]

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I didn;t know I needed a secret handshake to post a picture,