In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Winchester Model 1873 - half mag tube?

dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
edited December 2015 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone currently make a Model 1873 style rifle with a half length magazine tube similar to the 53, 65 or 71? I'm looking for something similar to my Winchester 71 but in a pistol cartridge, so I'd like a full pistol grip and checkering. Could have sworn I saw one on the auction side but no luck.

Comments

• Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you checked to see what Cimarron or Uberti are offering?
  • oldWinchesterfanoldWinchesterfan Member Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are looking for a pistol cartridge rifle to go with an M71, would a model 1892 fit the bill better than an 1873? It would look almost like a downsized 71 when set side by side. Also would be a handier, lighter. Finally, although I've not done any searches, I think there are more companies making repro '92s than '73s so should have a better chance of finding what you are looking for. For what it is worth......
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Checked Uberti and the best I can find is something called the 1873 Special Short Sporting Rifle. I found one listed on GB, one picture shows a half mag tube but the other pictures of the same listing show a full mag tube. Here's the listing -

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=533581135

I'll have to give them a call, see which is correct. Funny thing is, I was in their store two weeks ago. Bought many guns there before going from east coast to west.