In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Olympic Arms AR

Grass RangeGrass Range Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
edited December 2015 in Ask the Experts
Anyone dealt with Olympic Arms? I have one of their AR models that only leaves a light firing pin imprint in the primer so will not fire. They do not answer emails or phone calls. Will any other make of hammer spring work in the Olympic?

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,358 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I have an Oly AR. I have been to their factory and got excellent service. That being said, any hammer spring ought to work.

Off topic:
    Grass Range, Did you have, or do you have any family/relation over around Plains?
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you sure it's the hammer spring that is weak? Cheap enough to buy one and have a spare.

A lot of other reasons for a lite firing pin strike.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "A lot of other reasons for a lite firing pin strike."

Among other things: carbon in the firing pin channel, debris in the locking lugs, improperly sized reloads, damaged or sticking gas rings, misaligned gas tube, or several others that cause the bolt to not completely lock.
    It could also be a weak or broken hammer spring.
  • Options
    Grass RangeGrass Range Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Drifter. No relation in the Plains area
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,358 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Grass Range
    Drifter. No relation in the Plains area
    Ok, I was just bein' nosey[;)] Merry Christmas, GR!
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with this. First disassemble and clean the bolt. There will be many utube videos to show you how. quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    "A lot of other reasons for a lite firing pin strike."

Among other things: carbon in the firing pin channel, debris in the locking lugs, improperly sized reloads, damaged or sticking gas rings, misaligned gas tube, or several others that cause the bolt to not completely lock.
    It could also be a weak or broken hammer spring.