In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BERETTA 391 receiver scratches to bare alloy

recon5recon5 Member Posts: 199 ✭✭
edited December 2015 in Ask the Experts
What can I do to reblue or repair the 391 alloy receiver that scratches very easily?

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Magic marker is the easiest. Anodizing could be a advanced DIY project. Spray and bake might be a consideration.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've used this stuff from Birchwood Casey, many times. It's OK for touch up, but not especially durable. If the shotgun hasn't been hard anodized? The finish won't stand up to serious long term abrasion. You might consider Charlie suggestion. Having it Cerakoted or Duracoated. I honestly don't know the difference, between the two processes? And which would be better for your shotgun?

e127-12.jpg
  • Options
    MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an older 391 and would be interested in seeing the scratches on yours. Mine has held up well over the years but I mostly shoot skeet and sporting clays and it has only been out in the woods bird hunting a few times.

Another option would be to get it hydroghrapic (water transfer) coated in a camo pattern.
    Regards, MAALOX