In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Iver Johnson

1FMJ1FMJ Member Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in Ask the Experts
Anyone no what model and what years they were made?
On the barrel its says 20 guage choke bore barrel and lug forged in one. On the receiver it says Iver Johnson's Arms & cycle works Fitchburg Mass USA

I think the Locking Bolt Spring is broken.
iverjohnson.jpg
iverjohnson1.jpg

Comments

• 1FMJ1FMJ Member Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I inherited an Iver Johnson Cadet .22 pistol Model 55-sa from my father-in-laws estate. It appears to be in very good cond. Does anyone out there know any approximate values? Anything will help. Thanks.
    edited November -1
    I have a model 57A target. It has the same grips as the model 55. Can any one tell me the differance between the two.
    It has a small spur inside the trigger guard but behind the trigger, any clue as to what this is for. The screw holding the front sight fell out, any one tell me where i can get another or maybe what size it is. The gun is a straight shooter and is a great piece, would love to find out a little more about it, Any help would be greatly appreciated
    edited November -1
    I just recently was given a Iver Johnson 12 gauge Shotgun. I was wondering what the Value would be for it. from what I can see it has very minor surface rust and minimal stock scratches. single shot break action. if I decide to keep it should i take it to a gunsmith to have it professionally cleaned and examined? thanks for any advice in advance.
    edited November -1
    I have a Iver Johnson in the original box model #57A .22 cal.--6 in.BBL. SERIAL NO J30748. Can anyone tell me about this gun?
    edited November -1
    I am looking for some information on an Iver Johnson Arms & Cycle Works Champion .410

There is a date stamped on the gun of 06/15/1915
    Also I believe the serial number is 80924C but I'm not sure.
    Gun is in good to fair condition.

Can anyone tell me the value of this gun, also if that date is a manufacture date. Is this a gun I should restore to like new condition?
    edited November -1
    I recently aquired an Iver Johnson .32 S&W and I do not have the a way to post pictures, but wish to know what I have. It has a three or four inch barrel, is blue, has black plastic grips with an owl head on them. The serial number is under the grip and I think the first character is an E, but its stamped on the edge of the frame. The other characters are 45055.
    edited November -1
    i recently came into posession of a single shot .410 Champion produced Iver Johnson's Arms and Cycle works . What attracted me to the piece is that even though the finish is damaged there is no serial number . It is stamped only THGU on all parts . can anyone comment
    edited November -1
    i have a sxs 12 gage Iver Johnson presentation grade w/2 sets of barrels in figured wood a skeeter model. i was wondering if any one has heard of this gun? buy the way all serial numbers match . this gun has lg.. beavertail and dual ivory sight beads. the story its a one of a kind and was made for a family member of I J?
    thank for the help JSH
    edited November -1
    Hi, I recently acquired a single barrel 20ga iver johnson that has a vent(solid)rib.Is their anyone out there that could tell me approx value.I realize condition means alot.It does have a small chip and crack in the stock.THANKS FOR ANY HELP.
    edited November -1
    I have a Iver Johnson 32 revolver. How do I find out what year it is? I have the serial #. TT
    edited November -1
    According to W.E.Goforth's book on Iver Johnson firearms,no known first model .22 cal top break revolvers with the single post,side latch have been observed (pg.47) or exsist. Is this true?

Make love, not war.Be prepared for both.
    edited November -1
    A friend of mine has an Iver Johnson shotgun that he would like to know the date of manufacture. All that he has given me is that it is a Champion 12 guage with the serial #55398. Any information about this or a website that I could go to will be greatly appreciated.
    edited November -1
    I have this revolver,Serial # is 21734 Caliber is 38S&W Can anyone give a manufacture date.The serial # is under the left grip panel. Thanks>1FMJ>
    edited November -1
    I am looking for a part to a pistle that a friend of mine has it is a iver johnson solid 8 and his brother lost the cylender for it can anyone help me find this part
    edited November -1
    have iver johnson 22cal carbine was told it was collectors item was wondering if true, and some ball park on what might be worth i know you would have to see but just an idea. it has four digit serial number

any help would be apreciated
    edited November -1
    have iver johnson 22cal carbine was told it was collectors item was wondering if true, and some ball park on what might be worth i know you would have to see but just an idea. it has four digit serial number

any help would be apreciated
    edited November -1
    I acquired an iver johnson champion 410
    After extensive research on the serial number I am baffled.
    All i can find are a lettering system but my serial is all numbers.
    every single part on the gun has the same number stamped into it.
    The s/n is 70100 can anyone point me in the right direction to finding any info.

(Everything else i found points to Mr. Goforth. My condolences to his friends and family)
    edited November -1
    I have an Iver Johnson target sealed eight pistol and was wondering if someone could tell me exactly what caliber this is. I know it is a .22, but no other specifics.

Thank you
    edited November -1
    i have a iver johnson pistol that was my greatgrand mothers.ss# 0 or c cant tell 31978. T.16.04 pat pending. It is either a 32 or 38 six shot.Anyone have a guess.looks rough but i think it will shoot just fine.Just need to know 32 or 38.
    edited November -1
    looking for rear & fore stock for 20 ga.
    edited November -1
    I have an old IJ break top revolver. Ser #47141. Any way to tell what DOM is?
  • hrfhrf Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I. J. made a wide assortment of both solid frame and top break revolvers, and photos or at least type and markings are needed.

Also, except for their earliest black powder models, the serial number under left grip should have a letter prefix to date it.
    edited November -1
    Prefix letter is L This is a top break.t. pending Aug,25 96 <1FMJ>
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • hrfhrf Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1FMJ
    Prefix letter is L This is a top break.t. pending Aug,25 96 <1FMJ>

The L prefix was used only on hammerless .32s made in 1904.

Maybe it's a poorly stamped or misread I? Used on .38 hammer models made in 1903.
    edited November -1
    So it must be 1903,as it has a hammer.I plan to list it on GB as for parts.or repair.<1FMJ>