In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Scopes - Rimfire to Centerfire??

my-handymanmy-handyman Member Posts: 298 ✭✭
edited January 2016 in Ask the Experts
I hope all had a Great Christmas!!! Do you guys think a Leupold 2-7x33 rimfire/compact scope will stand up to a Ruger 77 Compact in 7.62x39 centerfire rifle? The reason I am asking is that I am trying to keep this gun as light as possible and the 2-7 scope would be a Great match up if it can take the recoil and any other issue that I have not for seen.
Thanks Again for your time and info!!
Vern

Comments

• Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As I understand it, Leupold's rimfire scopes are paralax adjusted to 50 yards vs. a longer distance for their center fire scopes. I believe they are just as sturdy otherwise. I would think that scope would be a good fit for a 7.62x39. I have a CZ 527 in that chambering and now that you've given me the idea, I may have to try one of those scopes on it.

If you have serious doubts, you could call Leupold and ask them.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No further comment required-this is your answer.
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good idea to call Leupold. I'm sure they'll confirm the sturdiness of the scope, but on the chance that they don't offer the info, ask if they will still alter parallax on their scopes.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd wonder about eye relief and getting a little tap from the rifle. The X39 doesn't have much recoil, but I don't know how tight the Leupold eye relief is on a rimfire.