In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Grizzly

larlar Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
edited July 2017 in Ask the Experts
Hello Don't know if I'm on the righ area.I have been buying on here for 15 years..There is a Lar grizzly 50 ae listed on gb.I have tried contacting him 10 times .responded first time said he would love to answer my questions which were all listed in the email I sent him..no ansewers to my questions .no responce after that .did respond later with a weird phone number which ended in 0000...he has the verified on The auction.no feedback .the gun is 1900.$. A steal and is listed for 80 some days .anyway I want to buy it but ito all seems kind of dicey...help would be appricated .never seen anything like this here. GB has always been solid place for me to buy Thanks

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would take the hint and by pass trouble myself.

"If its too good to be true, then its likely not true.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Think your right .Shoud I try the number ending in oooo. Never seen a phone number like that
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would make the phone call. What could go wrong. Your not sending him any money, until your satisfied the deal is legitimate.

Years ago on another site. Had the same thing happen. Only I was the seller. The deal took 2 months+ before it finally got done. He sent the money to my local FFL. Who actually had the pistol in his shop. Once the MO was verified as being legit. He gave me the MO, and shipped the pistol.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks that's what I'm going to try exactly ..Did the same thing on {elsewhere} once..
  • Options
    Bill DeShivsBill DeShivs Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Every 10,000th phone number ends in 0000.