In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

LT 20 Special

JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2017 in Ask the Experts
Could anyone give me any information on Serial Number PO 121xxx K Remington 20 guage LT SPecial? it has the straight stock, not the pistol type grip. I cannot find it in any of my books. Id like to give it to my grandson. It does not have chokes and is modified barrel I have a slug barrel for it but it it marked LW? It fits.

Comments

• Options
    tangaratangara Member Posts: 133 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do believe these were called special fields and came in both the 870 and 1100s, and 20Ga and 12Ga flavors. They may have also had 3 round magazine capacity?
  • Options
    VGUN1VGUN1 Member Posts: 137 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Special Field came out in 1983. They had a 21" barrel with fixed chokes. Later they went to a 23" barrel with Rem-Chokes. The 1100 barrels will work on the Special Field from other 1100 but not the 870 will not. They were dropped by Remington in the late 90`s
  • Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine has a 21 inch barrel, and I believe you are correct it is a special field.