In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Identify this Hammer

TheBrassManTheBrassMan Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
edited August 2017 in Ask the Experts
Going through some of my late father-in-laws parts. Some things I have been able to identify.
Can not identify this Percussion Hammer.
Hope you guys can identify it.

pmVXCZLBj

pm67UsCRj

pn5cRvGlj

pnM5EXb7j

pnn8kZcUj

pn509p43j

poX7idwtj

Hope that works with Image Shack.

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your pic's are much better. You might try some chalk in the stamping to help show the fainter ones.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you have access, to any of the older Dixie Gun Works, yearly catalogs? Check them. When the late Turner Kirkland was still with us. The catalogs had pages, of older muzzle loader parts. With many photos also. Might be able to identify your hammer, from them?
  • Options
    TheBrassManTheBrassMan Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    If you have access, to any of the older Dixie Gun Works, yearly catalogs? Check them. When the late Turner Kirkland was still with us. The catalogs had pages, of older muzzle loader parts. With many photos also. Might be able to identify your hammer, from them?

Only Dixie Gun Works, catalog is 2009. Just spent quite a bit of time in it.
    My late father-in-law, used to make stocks for Dixie back in the 60's.
    When he decided to move to Florida, Dixie purchased most of his pattern stocks.
    That was just a side note. Could not find it in their catalog[:(]