In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ABO scope repair news

dannejdannej Member Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
edited September 2017 in Ask the Experts
ABO is a company a lot of people sent scopes to for repairs that the manufacturer would not fix. We were referred to this company by the manufacturer. The owner died and the company along with it. I have received an email from a law firm (305-275-1155) stating they are handling the probate and if I want my scope back it go to this website (http://abousainc.com/) fill out the form and send it and $35 to the address listed. It must be sent by Sept. 30th because after that my scope will be destroyed.

I tracked the name of the lawyer in the email and found a legitimate law office (as near as I can tell) and was told they are handling the probate and someone would call me back to answer questions, like how do I know the money will actually result in the return of my scope.

I will post if I ever get called back....

Comments

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was if fixed? If not $35 to get a broken scope back is kind a high.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That doesn't sound right to me.

I would call the state attorney general's office. If Mr Abo was penniless, there would be nothing to probate; otherwise, returning work in his possession is an obligation of the estate.

I am not a lawyer, but I once slept in the woods behind the court house.

Neal