In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

how do I upgrade my email address

perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
edited September 2017 in Ask the Experts
I recently changed email address to use GMAIL when I then went to My account on GunBroker to update my information it stated I could not
use a free internet provider my old email provider went out of business
[:(]I tried to go to support but could not understand what I need to do
help an old man out please EDITthanks for the reply strange that you can't edit your own account when there is a place to put that information [:0][?]this is the first time I have ever changed email address since I became a member of GB my CC also had a different expiation date that I could edit

Comments

• gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might as well give up. I tried to change mine from prodigy.net & it couldn't be done. I even had some of the moderators here try & they couldn't do it.
  • pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    go to your profile and try to edit the email again sometimes it won't work right away, let me know how you make out.
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you don't figure it out you'll have to start support request.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,003 ******
    edited November -1
    Go to Support on the auction side and request help.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,347 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    You can't use a "web" based e-mail on GB, such as G-mail, Yahoo, Etc. Has to be real provider, for instance "comcast.net".
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like I said, it can't be done. When I try to enter the new e-mail address it says there was an error. My mew e-mail address is already being used. NO IT'S NOT. It still shows the old prodigy e-mail address. That's why I never got an answer when I tried to ask a question on the auction site.
    YOU CAN'T GET THERE FROM HERE.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    thanks to all that tried to help seems strange that you can't use emails like g mail. I had the same address with a for profit provider for over 25 years that SOB shut down his BUSINESS with out giving anyone notice so tried to go on GB and set up new provider all this stuff about the same time Photo Bucket went to $499.00[:(!][V]
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe just get a junk g-mail account perryshooter@gmail.com which you can forward to anywhere you want and post that when you want to contact someone.

I think mine still works here as an old per-outlook account live.com

flicker is still free.
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you trying to change the email on the forums or on GB itself?