In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Browning sa-22 grade III Miroku

sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
edited September 2017 in Ask the Experts
I asked over in General and they sent me over here so,,,I am looking at a nice little 22,,its a Browning sa-22 grade III made Japan,new in box or as close as it can get. I cant find one in the auctions running or sold,, I found one Belgium,, I Cant find any online, found pictures but no information,other sales sites had a couple Belgiums but no Miroku. Browning's site does not even list a grade III,,New or discontinued except in an anniversary model,,this is not that gun.. Any help out there where to find some info,,maybe a close to value. It is signed by the engraver.

Comments

• Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I searched some and didn't find much either except the Blue Book of Gun values claims they list it and want to sell you their book for $39.95.

Maybe you could find a copy in your local gun shop to give you a rough value.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think that you are going to find any definitive listings that show "value". While Miroku rifles are excellent quality, collectors turn up their nose at Japanese rifles. I know that Browning catalogued Grade III .22 autos, but I have never seen one. Probably scarce, but that doesn't mean that they will bring high dollars.

I would expect that a NIB Miroku Grade II would sell for $800-1,000. But, my SWAG is that a Grade III would only bring $1,200-1,400, even though the initial price was twice that of the Grade II.

Neal
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    blue book
    does have a listing all the way up to a Grade VI miroku made
    many different types with small changes between transition "ETC"looks like japan made gradeIII but Belgium engraved with box $2450
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    hello many different models up to grade Vi one transition grade 111 made in japan but engraved in belgium with box $2450
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might consider the Browning board, on Rimfire Central. Some few of the posters, are very collector oriented. A Grade III Browning anything, would cause them to sell their first born.[:D] Although most are shooters, that could care less regarding a Japanese Grade III.