In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

hello CAPT FUN

perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
edited September 2017 in Ask the Experts
Thank you for taking time to reply on the topic of changing EMAIL
after many years with the same email provider[:0] they went belly up I also had MY CC expire so I went to MY account information This gave me two choices registration email and public email this gave me a small box to enter your email address then confirm then confirm your address I would type in my address but when I tried to confirm it would change the last 3 digits from COM to CON and I would look and it also would have also changed the letters of my address I had just typed .I read the note of a charge $1.00and also why a free email was dangerous[?] but the free email is the only email I am currently useing yes it might not be the best but I don't think Gmail will go belly up and leave me with out any email at all Thanks again Perry Shooter

Comments

• CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see where you updated your card, but the email is still the same. See https://support.GunBroker.com/hc/en-us/articles/225096247-Changing-Your-User-Name-Password-or-Email-Address for instructions on updating your email. You have to agree to the $ charge that is hard coded into the security verification.
    edited November -1
    The forums and the auctions are totally different systems. You can change it on the Auctions using the directions I sent above.... The forums... require a little more finesse. I have changed to to the email that you sent to Nunn. You still need to log into the GunBroker.com system and update it there....
    edited November -1
    I see that you changed it on the auctions. You will still need to click the link in the email that the system sent to be able to do anything.

If you did not get an email then what you entered is not valid. Go back and change it to a working email.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Thanks I think I got it fixed with your help and others I had to use a slightly different user name on auction side but most people I buy things from I let them know
    edited November -1
    Creating Duplicate accounts is not permitted. The system will find it and deactivate it. The bots are very effective at it. Now, I will have to find it and do some manual manipulation.
    edited November -1
    wow I was not trying to do any thing against the RUlES capt I was just trying to get back to where I was from 2002 until june of this year.WHEN I had to change my cell phone as well as my EMAIL address BECAUSE I retired I have spent over $150.00
    with the hiring of a computer guy to come to my home. we got both sides of GunBroker working and I was bidding on as item when you locked me out of the auction side of GunBroker I don"t know what else I can do
    I have over 17,000 post and have tried to work within your rules [?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?]
    edited November -1
    The system sent an email to your gmail account (just now). You must click the link in that email to activate the account. Log into the auction side with your old perry shooter account.... The new one was linked and deactivated by the bots.
    edited November -1
    You are in the pipe. 5x5....

[:D]
    edited November -1
    every thing is working please don't change a thing sent 9272017 313 pm