In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mauser 2000 Safety

WHEELS IVWHEELS IV Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited October 2017 in Ask the Experts
Have a Mauser 2000, the safety stops the firing pin from dropping, but if you pull the trigger with the gun on safe and then put the safe to fire, it allows the firing pin to drop and fire the gun.

Wondering if anybody else has one of these rifles and if there safety has this same issue.

I have removed the safety and disassembled the bolt and from what I can see, there is no way this style of safety will disengage the sear so this doesn't happen.

Thanks, Kevin

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds exactly like the issue in the old Remington triggers. I would shop for a good aftermarket trigger that will fit. Perhaps an up grade to a single or even double set triggers could be an option.

added I looked and didn't find anything. IIRC one of the levers in the trigger wears a little allowing this to happen. It cannot be adjusted out with the screws. My Rem 600 would do this, the replacement trigger is still working fine.
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WHEELS IV,

The Mauser 2000 was the first in a series of rifles which were designed by Heym and not Mauser. There was the 2000, 3000. 4000 models.

"In the mid-1970s, Mauser entered into an agreement with the old German firearms manufacturer F. W. Heym, to produce a series of rifles ? the Models 2000, 3000 and 4000 ? which were more or less of traditional design. Unlike the controlled-round feed of the Model 98, however, it was a push-feed action.
    They were available in a wide variety of calibers and marketed in the U.S. under the banner of Mauser Bauer. These rifles did enjoy a degree of success in the U.S. for Mauser. When the agreement was terminated, Heym made a few modifications and marketed the rifle worldwide as the Heym Models SR-20, 30 and 40."

Personally, I would replace the trigger and the safety with new parts. I think Numerich (Gun Parts) has parts available. Otherwise check with Heym to see if you can get parts shipped to a gunsmith for the SR20 model.

Best.