In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Unertl scopes

W92fanW92fan Member Posts: 92
edited November 2017 in Ask the Experts
what is going on with unertl and their target and varmint scopes?Are they going to make them again? Larry

larry

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I am wondering about the value of these scopes, regular 15 and a VB 20. Can anybody help me out so I know what these are worth?? Thanks, Robby
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is there any place, such as a website, to find the date of manufacter of Unertl scopes, based on the serial number ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is it possible to mount one of the old Unertl target scopes, say a 10x 1-1/4 inch model, on a modern rifle like a 700 sendero. In pictures i always see some type of mount located on the barrel ahead of the action for the front mount to attach to since the scopes are so long. How would one go about mounting this scope on a rifle like this? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Any idea, short of doing a search with the company, can one tell the power of an old UNERTL scope? Only markings visible are the UNERTL logo and serial number, plus some hash marks and numbers around the front end.

Steve
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I hear this name as a premier scope ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I OWN SEVERAL UNERTAL SCOPES THAT I AM GOING TO SELL. ONE UNIT IN PATICULAR HAS A 4 DIGIT S/N WITH NO "PRIZM" AROUND THE NAME AND S/N.
    I CALLED UNERTL AND THEY TOLD ME THE UNIT WAS BUILT IN THE 30'S.
    DOES THIS ADD EXTRA VALUE OR WOULD IT DETRACT FROM VALUE BECAUSE OF THE AGE.
    ANY IDEAS?
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Years ago...

I sent mine back to be warranty repaired - no charge - they essentially rebuilt and refinished the scope by hand with oem parts and equipment on site in the USA

We actually talked to old man unertl and his wife on the phone and exchanged correspondence

He was retired but came in frequently - he was personally performing repairs in the shop - he rebuilt mine by his own hand - I have the documents to prove it

Later after he died we talked to the widow again and they had essentially shut down and dismantled the in shop on site repair facility

She has also left the company and by now may no longer be with us

What the current policy or procedure is I am unsure

There must be a website and a phone number or email addy or contact us function online

Many American institutions are now gone or absorbed or foreign owned or just a name applied to Chinese or India manufactured low quality products

Not certain if they can provide an answer

Good luck - let us know what happens

Someone will shortly provide links or contact info

Mike
  • Options
    SP45SP45 Member Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a group on Yahoo for Unertl collectors. They could tell.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Unertl/info
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is Dewey Greiner's website. He might be able to help.

http://unertl.alexweb.net/