In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AH Fox - LC Smith - Winchester Value

jsd4timesjsd4times Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited November 2017 in Ask the Experts
Hey! I posted this on the general forum before realizing there was an ask the expert forum! I have several guns my father has given me the ok to sell. I'm hoping someone might be able to tell me what to expect if I sell to a private collector vs a gun dealer:

Winchester 3030 Pre-64:
Serial 1583519
Model 94
Excellent condition and works perfectly
Only blemish - sling mounts were added which required drilling into the stock to place one of the mounts

A.H. Fox Grade A 12g Double Barrel:
Serial 11858
26in Barrel
All original - beautiful gun - some signs of age and faded bluing
Biggest blemish - chunk of wood missing from stock

L.C. Smith 12g Double Barrel:
Serial 399200
26in Barrel
Reblued and nickel plated - looks great
Rubber butt plate added to stock

Any suggestions would be great! I have pictures but don't see any way to post them?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Condition is everything to collectors.

There is a sticky above with how to post photo's directions.

You could look them up in 'the blue book of gun values' at your local library. Check the current auctions for any similar items and see what they go for. You could do an 'advanced' search of completed auctions.
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Model 94 is a $500 gun.
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:sell to a private collector vs a gun dealer:

If you have the time to invest, open an account here and sell them at auction. Selling to a dealer generally gets 50% to maybe as much as 75% of the top dollar price.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly