In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Half Moon Clips

jitjit Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
Do you know a source for half moon or full moon clips for a .45 acp S&W model 1917?

Comments

• Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are both available from Numrich Gun Parts Corporation. Their web-site is www.e-GunParts.com. [This message has been edited by AdamsQuailHunter (edited 09-30-2001).]
  • Options
    edharoldedharold Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Midway had full moon clips in their latest catalog. They have a website under their own name, a search should turn it up.
    "They that would give up liberty to obtain safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"Benj. Franklin, 1759
  • Options
    rscoleman88rscoleman88 Member Posts: 4,250
    edited November -1
    I had the same problem. You do not need theses clips due to the chamber design in your pistol. Look from the breech into your chambers. There should be a rim machined into the chamber that holds the shell casing. My pistol functions great without the clips.
  • Options
    l-girll-girl Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    See also E-bay:.45ACP Full-Moon Clips with Case Removal Tool Item # 1013220844 Sports:Sporting_Goods:Hunting:Reloading Currently $13.79Buy It Now for $14.00This option disappears once a bid is placed. This is for a set of 12 full moons plus a case removal tool, unless you have serious callouses on your fingers. I have one and it works.The writer above is correct, but you have to remove each case by running a cleaning rod or pencil through each chamber..45 ACP headspaces on the mouth of the case so if you are using reloaded cases sizing is crucial. On my 1917, some of the older cases get pushed into the chamber by the firing pin and do not ignite. If you are going to use your 1917 for self defense, please use new factory ammo only.
  • Options
    s.o.b.s.o.b. Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i use full moon clips with mine. got them from brownells. www.brownells.com they also have stainless ones and a demooner. good luck.