In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

how much is it worth?

GP_PoteauGP_Poteau Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited September 2002 in Ask the Experts
winchester model 94-32w.s. rifle
serial number: 1610649

excellent condition

dark color

Bought it 20 years ago on a trip. Is this worth anything?

Comments

• GP_PoteauGP_Poteau Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have recently came across a .32 colt pump.s/n 45114.It has Colts PTF on barrel before pat. numbers
    it is a centerfire.Gun looks almost new.If anyone has any information about this gun or what it's worth i would really like to hear from you. Thanks,GP_Poteau
  • GP_PoteauGP_Poteau Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Model 657 S&W I am trying to trade, How much is it really worth? It is in great shape!

Kansas the land of ah's and antlers!
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    From your description it sounds to me like a Colt Lightning medium frame slide action. These were produced from around 1880 to the turn of the century. I believe serial numbers ran up into the 90,000 range.
    There should be a patent date on the top of the barrel: 1883,85,86, or 87. These rifles shared the same calibers chambering as the Colt Single Action Army revolvers and I'm sure that Colt thought they could grab away some sales from Winchester. There were a number of variations of these rifles, both 26" barrels and carbine length 20" and a few military models that had bayonet lugs. I think there were even a few with pistol grip stocks.

My old boss was a SERIOUS Colt collector and if he were still alive he could tell you more about these rifles than you'd ever want to know. I can't remember much more than what I've just told you. Prices on these can be quite high, especially if the rilfe is "like new" as you say. Most of these were working guns and riden hard and put way wet. I'd stongly suggest that you secure a factory letter on this little gem and have it appraised by a qualified expert. That is NOT me. I never put a dollar value on anything I can't see with my own eyes and would not be qualified to appraise this rifle anyway.

Mark T. Christian