In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Shipping box for long guns ???

jeandersjeanders Member Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
edited September 2002 in Ask the Experts
I plan to sell off part of my collection on gun broker, this will be
the first time to use the internet and need help in finding boxes for
long guns, what do you do ? I have a 1901 Winchester with a 32"
barrel so how do I package something like this. What about handguns ?
is there any special package for them be sides the org. box ? Any
suggestions will be welcomed. Thanks

Comments

• 25-0625-06 Member Posts: 466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Contact Brownells Gunsmithing Supply, Montezuma, Iowa. 1-800-741-0015. They have shipping cartons at decent prices. If you find gun boxes at sporting good stores, be sure and get the outside sleeve or box also. You do not want any lettering or printing indicating a gun manufacture on the outside of the box. Being a long narrow box is clue enough to a**holes that do not like gun owners or who would steal them.
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try www.evidentcrimescene.com
    They have lots of neat packaging things including boxes for long guns and pistols.

Regards.
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I often wondered this myself. Just remember that handguns must go next day air unless you have an FFL, via UPS, for like $20 or $30. It would be cheaper to take it to an FFL and have him ship it even with his transfer fee.

"...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conf
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I get mine out of the dumpster behind Gunstores.

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A lot of the time I go to my local Chevy dealership (I know several guys in the parts dept) to get boxes, they usually have some they throw away that have had long trim pieces and are sturdy as well ... a body shop may also be a option ... plus the box doesn't scream out;
    GUN!!!

=================================================================
    Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    Golf club boxes. Fluorescent light tube boxes.

Order some 38" trianglular tubes for free from USPS. Fastening two together makes a good gun box. The box these come in makes a great box.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net