In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tokarev trigger

rawhide54rawhide54 Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
edited March 2009 in Ask the Experts
I just purchased a Romanian Tokarev from SOG and found it to have an incredibly bad trigger. I lightly honed the contact surfaces on the sear/hammer assembly but the first round in each magazine is still so heavy I can barely drop the hammer. All successive shots from that magazine are now smooth and easy. Anyone have any ideas what's going on here and how to fix it?

Comments

• Options
    muttermutter Member Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sounds like to many rounds in the mag. There should be no more then 7 rounds in the mag. Try only 6 and see what happens.

I inadvertantly loaded eight and had the same problem you are having.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Tokarev has a one piece "enbloc" hammer/sear internal mechanism. This also includes the feed guide for cartridges in the the magazine. From your description it seems that when the magazine is fully loaded, the top cartridge in the mag is exerting to much pressure on the feed guide causing it to bind the hammer/sear mechanism.

I would first try another magazine, to see if that is the problem? If the mag is O.K. remove the "enbloc" hammer/sear mechanism to see if their is any movement in the feed guide that causes the binding in the hammer/sear interface.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take the slide off and inspect the magazine well for trigger protrusion
    into the sides of the well.
    The stirrup part of the trigger may bear on the magazine side(s) due to side thrust of a fully loaded magazine.
    The inside of the trigger stirrup may need polishing,deburring, minor material removal or straightening if it is bent.
    Look at your mag sides for chafing.