In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Older Pedersoli Rolling Blocks

jgeorgejgeorge Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I am looking at a Pedersoli Rolling Block that was apparently manufactured in the late '80's (serial number RO1657). The configuration resembles the current Pedersoli S.870 Rolling Block Long Range Standard rifle (pistol grip, heavy octagon barrel that appears to be 30 inches in 45-70). I have read that some of the early Pedersoli Rolling Blocks had some soft metal issues ("peening" of the breech block, for example). Does anybody out their know if this Rolling Block is old enough to potentially have these problems?
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    MontanianMontanian Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    So many replicas are made for very occasional firing of a few rounds on a range and mostly hanging on a den wall, if you're going to shoot it tread carefully. So many Remington Rolling Blocks were made for the large military sales Remington got that there are still a lot of originals out there at very reasonable prices, often well below later replicas. Then you're buying Remington quality, considerably above the Italians' choices of steels and machining, and real history of the piece instead of the lack of history in a 1980's replica that just spent time in a guy's den or gun cabinet. Just my two cents.