In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ALL PARTS REM 51 NEED IT PUT TOGETHER AGAIN

big mangobig mango Member Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in Ask the Experts
REPOST AS LAST THREAD ON THIS SUBJECT HIT 10 POSTS AND JUST STARTED GETTING ANSWERS/INFO. TO MY SEARCH FOR GUNSMITH ASSISTANCE.

Need a GOOD gunsmith with contact info - email/phone who works on these. Any solid leads would be greatly appreciated.

Had one GB member reply he could help,,looking for anyone else whom could possibly help also.

I bought one with all the parts except frame and extractor... just need the extractor to be made or sourced.

Extractor not found in the box, I laid all in the box out with a parts diagram and it seems all the rest is there.

That missing part is usually not found at any of the parts houses or rarely even here. May have lucked out and found one last week.

Any assistance from more or other GB forum members....will be greatly appreciated.!!

Comments

• Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hate to take up a "reply," but six of the replies on the previous thread were your posts. If you just go back and edit your first post, rather than posting a reply when commenting on what someone else has said, the thread will stay open longer.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I personally know V35 I think he offered to help He does know the pistol and IMHO not many so call gunsmiths have even seen one of these great pistols. they have not been made for over 50 years do you have a frame[?][?]the way I read your first post on this subject you had most of the parts but NO frame[:0] sort of hard to put something together with no frame. [?][?][?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Tks for all the comments..Suggestions taken. Will contact V35 again for his assistance
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reviewed your photos and believe you may have all parts minus extractor.
    Condition is a parts or rusty project gun, not just a reassembly.
    I'm sorry but must decline as my wife reminded me I have at least 5 or 6
    unassembled guns of my own to get involved.
    My advice is to derust all parts, part out the gun but keep that breechblock($) and buy a 51 in better condition.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    V35:

Tks for your initial offer of assistance.....but I'll put it together myself after a light de-rust of the whole thing which has already been started.

Change your mind and want to assist me, you have my email and phone.
  • Options
    49 harley49 harley Member Posts: 112 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by big mango
    REPOST AS LAST THREAD ON THIS SUBJECT HIT 10 POSTS AND JUST STARTED GETTING ANSWERS/INFO. TO MY SEARCH FOR GUNSMITH ASSISTANCE.

Need a GOOD gunsmith with contact info - email/phone who works on these. Any solid leads would be greatly appreciated.

Had one GB member reply he could help,,looking for anyone else whom could possibly help also.

I bought one with all the parts except frame and extractor... just need the extractor to be made or sourced.

Extractor not found in the box, I laid all in the box out with a parts diagram and it seems all the rest is there.

That missing part is usually not found at any of the parts houses or rarely even here. May have lucked out and found one last week.

Any assistance from more or other GB forum members....will be greatly appreciated.!!

It's not rocket science, Any GOOD well known and COMPETENT smith can work on these. If I was able to take apart, polish and reblue as a 20 year old with limited knowledge but granted direction and help from PGS, can't be that difficult, post us some pics of the finished product!! Good luck!! Also, just checked my memory. ..flashbacks will do that..dug out my copy of The NRA Guidebook to Handguns. Firearms Assembly II. I saw I had put handwritten notes in added to directions, but look that one up. Looks very thorough. Still have the gun, it was my late Dad's nightstand gun, hasn't been shot in years, more of a collectible in my eyes.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    49Harley:

Can you scan & email me a copy of this...

NRA Guidebook to Handguns. Firearms Assembly II. I saw I had put handwritten notes in added to directions,

Might be what I need,,, two ( 2 ) ejectors in the US mail as of Tuesday.
  • Options
    GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    derust with sonic cleaner and simpe green.